Where to find the Mac agent if you are currently running Agent 5.3
'/Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE' will contain both the /bin and /data directories. The applications are found in '/bin' while the logs are located in '/data'. The SMMP.conf file has been renamed to AMP.conf.
Applications listed in the bin directory:
Items found in the Data directory:
Debug logs will display in the /data directory when enabled. To enable debug, Follow these steps:
- sudo /Library/Application\ Support/Dell/KACE/bin/AMPctl stop
- Edit the Amp.conf file found in /Library/Application\ Support/Dell/KACE/data and add a new line at the bottom with debug=true (all lowercase).
- sudo /Library/Application\ Support/Dell/KACE/bin/AMPctl start
To edit the hosts file:
- Open Terminal.app found in /Applications/Utilities
- Type sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
- Type your user password when prompted.
- The hosts file contains some comments (lines starting with the # symbol), as well as some default hostname mappings (e.g. 127.0.0.1 - localhost). Type in your new mapping IP address underneath the default ones or edit one of the default values if you know what you are doing.
- When done editing the hosts file, press control-o to save the file.
- Press enter on the filename prompt, and control-x to exit the editor.
- For the changes to take an immediate affect, flush the DNS cache by 'dscacheutil -flushcache'
To install the 5.3 agent by script:
hdiutil attach ./ampagent-5.3.53053-all.dmg
mkdir -p /Library/Application\ Support/Dell/KACE/data
echo host=KBOX.kace.com > /Library/Application\
sudo installer -pkg '/Volumes/Dell KACE/AMPAgent.pkg' -target /
hdiutil detach '/Volumes/Dell KACE'
To manually remove the 5.3 agent:
- sudo /etc/rc.d/init.d/AMPctl stop
- sudo rpm -e ampagent
- rm -rf /var/dell/kace/