- Error due to Installation of Network Devices: The networking devices like firewall, routers, hub, etc., might block the installation procedure of Office suite. This means that due to improper installation such error might occur.
- The presence of Pre-existing Version of MS Office: If the existing edition of MS Office is not installed on a system then, such Outlook error might occur. Therefore, it is a recommendation to Outlook users that they should be updated from the latest version of Office.
- Improper Activity Performed In Office Suite: If the proxy settings are enabled on your machine or any failure while processing had occurred then, it will result in incomplete installation or configuration of Office suite. Hence, as a result, an Outlook error message may also occur.
- Turn off working of antivirus software, which is installed in machine
- Disable the firewall or any other network device security from your PC
- If you are having a licensed version of Office then, login into http://office.com/myaccount
- Enter username and password in order to access online account
- Click on Install >> Download and then installation procedure will get started, after establishing a successful configuration
- When installation gets finished, click on All Done button to continue
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\OFFICE\OUTLOOK\PST\ PROMPT REPAIR location and see the value on current window
- If the value is mentioned 1 then, change it to 0
Lotus Notes To MS Office 365:
If you are facing problems with Lotus Notes and want to migrte from it to MS Office 365 then simply follow these simple instructions and you are done :)
Step 1: Use IMAP Server to Create a Backup:
First you have to create a backup for your NSF file with the help of IMAP server. It is necessary as manual process is a little bit risky as it might lead to data loss or corruption if not done correctly.
Step 2: Generate New Mailboxes:
After you have created a backup of your NSF files, now the next step is to create mailboxes before you start the migration from Lotus Notes to MS Office 365.
Step 3: Activate IMAP Server by given below steps:
· Launch IBM Lotus Notes application.
· Browse Domino Administration -> Click on Configuration option.
· Open Server files which runs on IMAP.
· Now, enable the default TCP/ IP port:
Tap onPorts -> Select Internet Ports -> and then Choose Mail tab.
· After that, change the default enabled by clicking on TCP/IP port values to Enabled in the Mail( IMAP)-> Hit on Save button.
· At last, Click on Close -> and then Select Exit to end the process.
Step 4: Link with IMAP Connector:
And the final step is to link your data with IMAP connector.
All this mentioned steps, will surely help you to synchronize your data from Lotus Notes to MS Office 365 but this is not much trustworthy.
Hope this manual process helped you out in migrating your NSF files to PST.
Apart from the manual process there are some third party tools too which can help you out. And these tools are very trustworthy with good results.
For any other queries or questions, kindly put a comment in the reply box below.
Migration from Lotus Notes To MS Office365:
IBM Lotus Notes has been one of the pillars for various users and corporations for its administration style and secured environment. Not only that, Lotus Notes also keeps up the mailbox in its exclusive association, NSF file format. And it also works with Domino Server, which is kind of a daddy in its field.
NSF To PST. Why?
Apart from these advantages, Lotus Notes have some limitations too due to which a large number of lotus users are migrating to MS Office 365. Email-client migration is not a new syndrome in our society. It is a gradual process but here within a couple of years Lotus notes have lost a big chunk of its users to MS Office. With its amazing features has gained popularity in no time. Both small and big corporations are now using MS Office 365 platform. The most valid reason for this huge migration is the management issue, which is very complicated.
Apart from this, there are some other issues too.. which we will discuss in details about this migration:
1. Storage Problems: In Lotus Notes, if you have to store more emails then you would need a large amount of RAM for storing these excessive mailboxes. And here the charges can put a hole in your pocket, if you are looking for a new RAM. Whereas in MS Office 365 requires limited and cost-effective RAM for its usage and storage.
2. Complex Management: MS Office 365 has a simple and easy interface so that even a novice or an amateur can also use it. But Lots Notes is known for its high-secured environment, which makes it a very complicated tool. To work on Lotus notes you need to have some technical knowledge or training.
3. High Maintenance Cost: With high security and complicated interface Lotus notes also requires maintenance. And the maintenance cost is quite high. Which is a drawback, for the small corporate houses who doesn’t have huge budgets for this costly platform.
4. Formatting Problems: Lotus Notes unable to contribute each HTML/CSS script appropriately due to which formatting issue occurs in emails and attachments. Hence, it results in troublesome in maintaining data flexibility due to faulty interpretation.
5. File Format Issues: As far I Know, the final problem that every Lotus notes users are facing is the file format in which Lotus stores its data. Lotus saves data and emails in NSF format and this NSF format doesn’t run on any other email clients. So when a user wants to access saved files in another email client they fail.
These are one of the big issues which Lotus Notes users are facing for a long time. But with the introduction of MS Office 365, they have got a new, simplified and cost-effective version of storing data and emails.
See it all depends whether you need a secured platform or a platform which is not that secured. If you have money and technical know-how than Lotus Notes is the best option for you. But If you are looking for a more lenient version and don’t want in invest much money than MS Outlook 365 is the option to go for.
Hope you like it. For any changes or questions or queries..kindly put a comment in the reply section