/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Sudden: error (Patch List Download Failed)

Started getting this "error (Patch List Download Failed)" suddenly on about 50% of the servers I detect patches on. Seems odd this many servers stop working at once but I would like some evidence before I start pointing fingers. What can I check beyond what I did below?


- I verified KACE and ping a problem server and the server can ping KACE. (Also shows UP in KACE)

- AMPWatchDog is Running ok - I restarted the service anyways

- Rebooted the KACE appliance

- Tried putting some servers in another Schedule

- I see this in the KAgent.log: 

[2019-05-21.15:13:00][KPlugins(6032):KPluginPatching::] pluginPatching: Detect phase ospx file C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\KACE\windependencies.ospx list in HANDSHAKE manifest not detected, failing


0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (3)

Answer Summary:
Posted by: lama01 1 year ago
Second Degree Blue Belt
1

Top Answer

So this was the issue for me.................. Replication. I found that if the "download share" is not actually SHARED, it will fail. You cant just map the UNC and give permissions. It actually has to be shared.  

Posted by: wbtb2015 1 year ago
White Belt
0

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  Quite a few PC's that we patch are getting this same error.  I have deleted the OSPX files and the checksum files and also cleared the patches folder.  Then when I retested it would work once and then fail again.


Comments:
  • Today far less are getting this error. But still some remain. - lama01 1 year ago
  • The error simply means that the patch catalog was not downloaded to the client in question.
    If you have a replication share the share may have not replicated fully.
    Depending on how long the clients were offline before the patching kicked off the issue may be normal.
    Verify you have whitelisted all nessesary folders and the antivirus is not blocking.
    If it still occurs, open a ticket for a further analysis. - Nico_K 1 year ago
Posted by: lama01 1 year ago
Second Degree Blue Belt
0

1. SECURITY > PATCH MGMT > PATCH DOWNLOAD SETTINGS > Changed setting to: "after signature download". 

After making this change, I didnt see any improvement but I think its a better option to select. 

2. Deleted the following from the actual server:

del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\KACE\*.ospx"

del "C:\Program Files(x86)\Quest\KACE\*.checksum"

del /Q C:\ProgramData\Quest\KACE\patches\*.* /s

This seemed to help more, although this nuke option caused a new bundle of problems, mainly that it takes forever to rescan and download all the patches. But after a few runs I stopped getting the patch list download fail error on one server. 


I havent tested other servers yet.  

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

Share

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ