Sudden: error (Patch List Download Failed)
Started getting this "error (Patch List Download Failed)" suddenly on about 50% of the servers I detect patches on. Seems odd this many servers stop working at once but I would like some evidence before I start pointing fingers. What can I check beyond what I did below?
- I verified KACE and ping a problem server and the server can ping KACE. (Also shows UP in KACE)
- AMPWatchDog is Running ok - I restarted the service anyways
- Rebooted the KACE appliance
- Tried putting some servers in another Schedule
- I see this in the KAgent.log:
[2019-05-21.15:13:00][KPlugins(6032):KPluginPatching::] pluginPatching: Detect phase ospx file C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\KACE\windependencies.ospx list in HANDSHAKE manifest not detected, failing
Answer Chosen by the Author
So this was the issue for me.................. Replication. I found that if the "download share" is not actually SHARED, it will fail. You cant just map the UNC and give permissions. It actually has to be shared.