Sudden: error (Patch List Download Failed)
Started getting this "error (Patch List Download Failed)" suddenly on about 50% of the servers I detect patches on. Seems odd this many servers stop working at once but I would like some evidence before I start pointing fingers. What can I check beyond what I did below?
- I verified KACE and ping a problem server and the server can ping KACE. (Also shows UP in KACE)
- AMPWatchDog is Running ok - I restarted the service anyways
- Rebooted the KACE appliance
- Tried putting some servers in another Schedule
- I see this in the KAgent.log:
[2019-05-21.15:13:00][KPlugins(6032):KPluginPatching::] pluginPatching: Detect phase ospx file C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\KACE\windependencies.ospx list in HANDSHAKE manifest not detected, failing
1. SECURITY > PATCH MGMT > PATCH DOWNLOAD SETTINGS > Changed setting to: "after signature download".
After making this change, I didnt see any improvement but I think its a better option to select.
2. Deleted the following from the actual server:
del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\KACE\*.ospx"
del "C:\Program Files(x86)\Quest\KACE\*.checksum"
del /Q C:\ProgramData\Quest\KACE\patches\*.* /s
This seemed to help more, although this nuke option caused a new bundle of problems, mainly that it takes forever to rescan and download all the patches. But after a few runs I stopped getting the patch list download fail error on one server.
I havent tested other servers yet.