/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

SMA with K1-20753 again on v10.2.234??

Has anyone else has this problem ?? The computers outside the work network are checking in with their home router private IP's (192.168.xx.xx or 10.0.xx.xx) instead of the ISP public IP's.


This problem appeared again after we upgraded to 10.2.234, previously we had the same problem with v10.0, Support fixed within a business day by tethering to our box.


We have a SR submitted for a little over a month already, but nothing much has been done to solve the problem or not even escalated to be tether into.




Thanks!


3 Comments   [ + ] Show comments
  • Did you include the \ProgramData\Quest\KACE\inventory.xml file from one or more of these devices in the support ticket?
    If so, what is the support ticket number? - KevinG 1 year ago
    • Hi KevinG,

      Yup, I have it; SR #4717596. I uploaded the KAT logs from an internal computer and an out of our network computer. I also added some Private IP's into the "Ignore IP Addresses" as support indicated but didn't work.

      I appreciate your help in advance! - horacior 1 year ago
  • I logged a call with support about the change in IP address behaviour as well. I was told this was the products intended behaviour and the call was closed. As a work around I have added a custom inventory rule to record the NAT'd IP address as well. - paulfaz 1 year ago
    • Interesting... My ticket still opens with really no interaction of support other than "we still researching the problem" (for the past two months).

      I looked over the admin guide and the release notes and I could not find anything that said related that that's the intended behavior.

      I'm also surprised that tethering to my box hasn't been requested to find out what the problem is.

      I will say log a ticket again since support has told me over the phone that a few other users had the same problem after 10.2.234v was installed.

      Good Luck! - horacior 1 year ago
  • I don't recall seeing this with 10.0, but I have a feeling this new issue is related to the 10.2 fix of K1-19884 "Machine details page displayed the wrong MAC address."

    K1-19884 was annoying because Device Summary in Inventory would list the first MAC Address it found in the list from Network Interfaces if it could not match Device Summary IP address (MACHINE.IP) to one in Network Interfaces. Which was the case when users were NAT'd, their Network Interfaces would list their actual private IP when their Device Summary IP was the IP that the SMA saw the traffic from. This would cause for example the MAC address of Device Summary to be a bluetooth adapter rather than the actual network adapter in use.

    The IP that the SMA sees the traffic coming from is now under 'Agent > Gateway IP Address' (MACHINE.GATEWAY_IP), I don't recall this being their pre-10.2 but it could have been.
    I don't like this however. There was no indication of the change. I would prefer the previous behavior as it's broken some labels, reporting, recognition of internal vs external, etc...

    Surely there is a better way to resolve K1-19884, than to change MACHINE.IP behavior. (if this is what caused the problem)


    I've had to fix reports using “IFNULL(MACHINE.GATEWAY_IP, MACHINE.IP) AS IP”. - erush 1 year ago

Answers (0)

Be the first to answer this question

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ