KACE hasn't worked on our Macs in a while...
I haven't been relying on KACE for our school's Macs for several months, but now that the school year is back into full swing, I've turned my attention back to fixing the inventory problems we've had. This situation does appear to bring ability to use KACE for Macs to a complete halt. Where I do see in KACE Inventory that some Macs are still showing connected at times, none have had a successful Inventory in many months. I have a student computer to test with and I've made multiple attempts to get it to report back to KACE, to no avail. I have completely removed the KACE agent folder and all KACE-related LaunchD items, rebooted, and done a complete re-install of the Mac Provisioning package. I've also done some digging into the KACE/data directory and I do see that the inventory.xml file is current and getting fully updated. It seems it's not reporting back to the server, however. When running any flavor of runkbot, the final lines of the output echo "FAILED to get kuid!" and "Failed to build the upload url." I do know that in previous versions there was a file in KACE/data called "kuid.txt" which does not appear now in that directory. I've even attempted to create this file to see if it would change anything, but it has not.
So, if anyone can please guide me in the right direction, I'd love to get these Macs checking back into KACE Inventory.
Please log in to answer
Posted by: atoss 3 years ago
Ok, got to the bottom of it. Apparently, there was a problem with our agent logo. I noticed that the only reference to a download failure when I ran 2 0, was with a client-logo.bmp. So, I uploaded a new logo to the appliance and, voila!, suddenly all Macs are checking in and updating their inventory now. So, there you have it. KACE was 100% broken for all Macs because of a stinkin' logo!