Systems Management Question
KACE Deployment to Change BIOS settings.
I have been looking around and I cannot seem to find the ability to use KACE SDA or SMA to do a BIOS update/change to Dell computers.
I am trying to change two settings on machines in our environment. (We are a 95% Dell Environment)
1. I need to enable Wake on LAN
2. Enable SMART reporting
Is there a way to do this through KACE at all? I want to avoid having my team remote in or touch every computer, about 600+.
Answer Chosen by the Author
There is no built in functionality to modify such settings.
But it is possible (and not that complicated)
1. download Dell Command |Configure here: https://www.dell.com/support/article/at/de/atbsdt1/sln311302/dell-command-configure?lang=en
2. use the tool to setup the settings in BIOS you need
3. save them as executable
4. create a script or managed install, Pre- or Post-Install-Task or whatever you need with this exe.
5. set it up that it is running and you are done