Scripting Question

K1000 - Simple script do not always run or get stuck on pending

08/25/2016 4320 views

So I made a simple Kscript to disable Java updates and the problem is that it won't run properly on my test machine.
I tried the "Run now" option and it wouldn't complete, so I launched the same script 3 times in a row and as you can see it only worked once.

Why would a script sometime works and some other time will just get stuck pending.

I'm pretty new to K1000 and I'm trying to find the best way to debug myself.

Any help is much appreciated.

3 Comments   [ + ] Show comments


  • A bit more info is needed from you.
    Have you had a look at the log file of the script?
    In the "Run now status" field, open up one of date and time fields highlighted in blue on the left side of the page.
    (Seen in your screenshot ...in blue)
    Expand the "failed execution" link and read log.
    Expand the "Successful execution" link and read log.
    What is the difference????
    • The problem is that it doesn't fail. It just hangs. So there is no log.

      And I've check the successful log and it looks pretty normal, nothing stands out, it does exactly what I expect my script to do which is to change a registry key to disable Java.

      I know that doesn't help much and I'm afraid the problem is not Kace but our environnement which can be really slow and unresponsive at times.

      17 Hours later the status of the jobs is still on "Running" or "Pending".

      *EDIT: Is there a way for me to see the jobs in queue for a device on the device itself?
  • If possible, could you post the reg key script? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the 32bit/64bit Kace limitations, even though this has worked 1x.
    • Here you go, it's nothing fancy:

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy]

      I did not mention this, but I ran the script on the SAME device 4 times in a row and only the last "Run Now" worked. I was already suspecting the problem was not my script.
  • I do something similar, but actually delete the following java keys. In my Kace script I do the following: On Success - Run a batch file - name it
    Reg.exe DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Update" /f
    Reg.exe DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v SunJavaUpdateSched /f
    reg.exe DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Update" /f
    reg.exe DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v SunJavaUpdateSched /f
    Exit /B 0,1
    Check - Wait for completion.

All Answers

sounds like you may need to adjust some of your communication settings.  You can see the queues under the system page

Answered 08/29/2016 by: SMal.tmcc
Red Belt

  • Unfortunately I am not the administrator and this option has been disable for my user.

    I'll seek some more help with colleagues.
    Thank you!
    • they would need to help you with the communication adjustments they are found under each orgs details
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ