/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

KACE Product Support Question


K1000 7.0 Inventory only updates when running Forced Check In

06/06/2017 1617 views
Essentially none of our k1000 agents are not checking in, This is a little over 2000 devices.  We were running out of space and called quest and they assisted us in removing some old packages.  Since this point none of our agents are able to check in anymore.  We have checked our antivirus and this does not seem to be causing the issue.

The weird part is when I run a "runkbot 6 0"  it checks in just fine and looks regular.  When I run a forced inventory directly from the K1000 it doesnt seem to reach any of the assets.  

I feel that it is some issue with the K1000 side of things but I cant figure out what it is since I can run a manual check in.  Does a manual check in and a automatic check in use different ports?

Quest is telling us to completely upgrade the server which we will eventually but we want to try and get this issue sorted out.  

our lowest agent is 6.4.180 and out highest agent is 7.0.763 and the K1000 server is Version: 7.0.121306.  We have not turned on provisioning as of yet but we will once we get this sorted out.  Literally none of the agents are doing out automatic checkin.  They only work from a forced inventory on the actual client. 
3 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments

  • Try reviving a couple of the agents via PSexec. Put the following into a batch and run it on one of the delinquent machines. make sure to drop PSexec.exe into the same location as the batch and run as admin.
    Run this:
    %~dp0PSexec.exe \\TESTCOMPUTER -s cmd /s /c ""c:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE\amptools.exe" retrust && "c:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE\runkbot.exe" 4 0"
  • I just tried it on a few computers and there is no change unfortunately. When I look at "konea.log"
    2017-06-04.23:40:24-0400|INFO |serverconn.go:221:reconnect | KUID |{"kuid":"(*kace id*)"}
    2017-06-04.23:40:24-0400|INFO |serverconn.go:280:Connect | Connecting |{"url":"https://kbox1.internal.nccde.org:443"}
    2017-06-04.23:40:27-0400|ERROR|serverconn.go:298:Connect | Could not Negotiate |{"err":"EOF"}

    It seems like the konea service cant reach the server. But what changes when I do a manual check in because that works properly.
  • I just upgraded to 7.1.. I was advised by quest to steer clear of the 7.0 agent all together because of the awful behavior..
    Do you have any 6.4.522 agents left in the environment? If so, are they having the same issue?
    • I'll try to do a retrust on an old client when I get back.
    • @benjimatt You might be suffering this:
      https://support.quest.com/kace-systems-management-appliance/kb/217012

      Better upgrade to 7.1

      @Desktop Jockey, if 6.4.x agents are going to be used in conjunction with 7.x server , please be aware of this:
      https://support.quest.com/kace-systems-management-appliance/kb/226357

Be the first to answer this question

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

Share

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ