I am looking for a scripting process to place Abobe Premiere 2020 on iMacs
I am needing to upgrade 90+ iMacs to Adobe Premiere 2020 from Premiere 2019. I am wanting to push it out through KACE to place on the desktop of my admin login so I don't have to carry around flash drives. Is there a script that can be created or has someone created one that I can run after hours to push out to the iMacs?
I am new to this part of scripting as I was always on the front end but now am on the back end of the process. I am trying to teach myself scripting but can use all the help I can get.
Thanks for your time and help.
I prefer managed installs whenever possible.
- Login to the Adobe Administrator console and create your Premiere package
- Download the Adobe download tool to get the actual installer
- Open the zip file and find the install package
- Create a dmg containing the package
- In Terminal use this command:
hdiutil create -srcfolder /path/to/installer.pkg nameofdmg.dmg
- Upload the dmg to the SMA (for larger packages I normally use the clientdrop share)
- Install the package from step 3 on a test machine
- Force an inventory on the test machine
- Find Adobe Premiere in the test machine's software inventory
- Attach the dmg uploaded in step 6 to the software title
- Create a new managed install for Adobe Premiere
- Leave the install parameters as the default
The SMA will download the dmg file and mount it then run the package for you
- Test the managed install on a second test machine
- Deploy to the rest of the machines