/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png
08/19/2019 139 views

Would some be able to point me in the right direction in regards to backing up FireFox profiles using the SDA \ USMT.

The steps I have taken so far.

1. Downloaded and installed Windows 10 ADK Version 1903.

2. Downloaded and installed SDA media manager

3. Modify the Migapp.xml for AMD64 and x86 shown below.

 <!-- Mozilla Firefox 68 -->
  <component context="UserAndSystem" type="Application">
    <displayName _locID="migapp.firefox3">Mozilla Firefox</displayName>
    <environment name="GlobalEnv"/>
    <environment name="GlobalEnvX64"/>
    <role role="Settings">
      <detection>
        <conditions>
          <condition>MigXmlHelper.DoesObjectExist("Registry","%HklmWowSoftware%\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox *.*\main [PathToExe]")</condition>

            <condition>MigXmlHelper.DoesObjectExist("Registry","%HklmWowSoftware%\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox *.*\bin [PathToExe]")</condition>
        </conditions>
      </detection>
      <rules context="User">
        <destinationCleanup>
          <objectSet>
            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\Cache\* [*]</pattern>
          </objectSet>
        </destinationCleanup>
        <include>
          <objectSet>
            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\* [*]</pattern>
            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\* [*]</pattern>
          </objectSet>
        </include>
        <exclude>
          <objectSet>
            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports\* [*]</pattern>
            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\ [pluginreg.dat]</pattern>
            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\Cache\* [*]</pattern>
          </objectSet>
        </exclude>
        <merge script="MigXmlHelper.SourcePriority()">
          <objectSet>
            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\* [*]</pattern>
            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\* [*]</pattern>
          </objectSet>
        </merge>
      </rules>
    </role>
  </component>

 4.Uploaded the modify USMT by using the SDA media manager.

5. Created a new USMT Scan Template, made sure to tick "User Data" under documents to be scanned.

6. Run through the capture User state process.

Now the issue we are seeing is that the Firefox Profile does not get captured. I confirmed this by imaging a new machine and deployed the capture user state . After the imaging was completed, I navigated to appdata\roaming and notice that there was no Mozilla folder. 

Also I copied the User State MIG file from \\kbox\\peinst\user_states\ then used USMSTUTILS.exe /extract c:\temp\USMT\USMT.MIG  C:\TEMP\EXPORT\. After reviewing the extract MIG file content, I did not see a Mozilla folder in appdata\roaming.


Any help would be appreciated.

 



0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments


All Answers

0

I was able to capture a profile into the KACE SDA today, and firefox info was properly captured, I use ADK 1903:

HD Screenshot here:

https://imgur.com/IbQvpAt


This is the MigApp.xml I used:

 <!-- Mozilla Firefox -->

  <component context="UserAndSystem" type="Application">

    <displayName _locID="migapp.firefox">Mozilla Firefox</displayName>

    <environment name="GlobalEnv"/>

    <environment name="GlobalEnvX64"/>

    <role role="Settings">

    <!-- <detection>

        <conditions>

<condition>MigXmlHelper.DoesObjectExist("Registry","%HklmWowSoftware%\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox *.*\bin [PathToExe]")</condition>

<condition>MigXmlHelper.DoesObjectExist("Registry","%HklmWowSoftware%\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox\*.*\Main [PathToExe]")</condition>

        </conditions>

     </detection> -->

      <rules context="User">

        <destinationCleanup>

          <objectSet>

            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\Cache\* [*]</pattern>

          </objectSet>

        </destinationCleanup>

        <include>

          <objectSet>

            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\* [*]</pattern>

            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\* [*]</pattern>

          </objectSet>

        </include>

        <exclude>

          <objectSet>

            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports\* [*]</pattern>

<pattern type="File">%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\ [pluginreg.dat]</pattern>

            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\ [pluginreg.dat]</pattern>

            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\Cache\* [*]</pattern>

          </objectSet>

        </exclude>

        <merge script="MigXmlHelper.SourcePriority()">

          <objectSet>

            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\* [*]</pattern>

            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\* [*]</pattern>

          </objectSet>

        </merge>

      </rules>

    </role>

  </component>


Noticed I have the detection and it's conditions commented\disabled.

Answered 08/20/2019 by: Channeler
Red Belt