email ticket details to user
There are 2 ways:
1) Built-in ticket notifications
a. If you go to your Queue in Service desk you’ll find Email on Events
b. You can click on “Customize Emails” and modify the ticket information
i. Here you can use variables
ii. $ticket_number will give you the ID
iii. $ticket_title will give you the Problem Description
c. Then just select on what event you want to the email to go out
2) Custom Ticket Rules
a. You’ll find this under in the last part of your Queue Configurations
b. Here you’ll go to customize
i. Choose Action New
1. Start with the (Wizard)
ii. Select what criteria you’d like this ticket rule to look for
iii. Then you’ll have a section when it creates the ticket rule where you can email results to users.
1. In this email you can also refer ticket fields, it’s just a bit different.
2. Instead of $ticket_number it is $id to get the ticket ID.
3. You’ll have to play with this a bit to figure out the variables, it’s not super hard but you it takes a bit.
4. Here you also have the opportunity to use the SQL Select Query to name the variable what you want, so if you’re good with SQL, you’ll love this portion.
3) Lastly try exploring the Help options, they are well documented
a. Go to the Service Desk Module
b. Upper right corner click on the “?” for help
c. Click on “Overview of Service Desk ticket lifecycle”
d. Go to:
i. Configuring email settings > Configuring email triggers and email templates > Configure email templates
ii. This is a great reference to find the email variables.
Hope this helps!