/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

KACE Product Support Question


Dell Kace K1000 Version 6.4.120261 - Inventory - License Compliance - Licensed Column is not updating.

01/07/2016 1542 views
Does anyone knows why Licensed Column, in License Compliance doesn't update even when I already have License assets registered and associated with the correct Software application from Software Catalog that appear in License Compliance.

This is too weird, because I made exactly what Dell recommends.

Can anyone help me?
3 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments

  • Have you clicked on the "Update Now" link in the License Compliance view ?
    • Yes! But nothing happens. I really would like to use that view.
      • What kind of license type have you assigned to the product?
        Check the License Mode field inside the license because: "To include this license in the License Compliance calculations, choose either Unit License or Enterprise License."
        Have you valorized the license count field of the license?
        Kind regards,
        Marco - StockTrader
      • Hi Marco! Thank you very much for your attention on my case. Yes, I set up Unit License, for Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business which has 150 licenses in count and 138 in use. And I still continue with this problem.
    • This content is currently hidden from public view.
      Reason: Removed by member request For more information, visit our FAQ's.
  • This content is currently hidden from public view.
    Reason: Removed by member request For more information, visit our FAQ's.
  • Does anyone had the same problem and could help me? It is still not working...
    • I do not know why my last comment was hidden.
      Anyway it was about the fact that the agent sends the catalog inventory information every 24h only and this could be one of the reasons as well.
      If the issue persists you'd engage the support.
      Kind regards,
      Marco - StockTrader
      • Hi Marco, thank you again, for your help! I do not know why your comment is hidden. I analyzed your suggest on my system, but either way, it is not working. The problem is that the company where I work did not renew ths support.
  • Hi,

    the last thing to remember is to check of the agents are updated to the latest version as well on the clients.
    You can then check in the K1000 log files if you see SQL errors, DB errors etc etc.
    Things like that.
    I do not know if the catalog database updates are bind to the renewal of the support (as the patch subscriptions) or not.
    Anyway without a valid support it is hard to think to a fix.
    Kind regards,
    Marco - StockTrader
    • Ok Marco! Thank you very much for your attention on my case and your help!

Be the first to answer this question

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

Share

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ