Systems Management Question

Cloned Servers Replacing Other Nodes in KACE

11/30/2018 1026 views

Hello, I have four servers that were cloned in VMware, then sysprepped. Two or three servers aren't checking into KACE and when the agent is reinstalled, the GUIDs are being mixed up and replacing those of the other servers.

Ex: Server A isn't checking into KACE, so the agent is reinstalled, but the GUID then replaces that of Server C in SMA.

Agents have been removed from devices and deleted from KACE, but I have not tried to delete from SMA and uninstall from the servers simultaneously. I've confirmed services are running on them and there aren't dropped firewall packets.

Below are examples of errors in the log, I'm just not sure which one to pursue or is causing the issue.

StartSvcByName: OpenService (ERROR): 78116036

StartSvc: StartService (ERROR): 1056

KUsrInit No marker files found.  Running real UserInit.

 KUsrInit StartUserInit

KLaunchClientImpl::Launch()    GetIdOfActiveUser failed - SeesionID = -1

KLaunchClientImpl::Wait    WaitForSingleObject failed:  status 0, ExitCode ff

[KInventory:CInventoryData::AddIt] KInventory   Error: InventoryData AddItem : Could not find map in 'InstalledSoftware64' for 'DisplayName,DisplayVersion,Publisher'

KLaunchClientImpl::Launch()    GetIdOfActiveUser failed - SeesionID = -1

KInventory PowerShell Script: script -file "C:\ProgramData\Quest\KACE\kbots_cache\packages\kbots\4\ddpe_windows_inventory.ps1" failed with exit code 0 and error msg:

[KInventory:CWmi::Init           ] KInventory   Could not connect. Error code = 0x8004100e

[KInventory:CInventoryData::AddIt] KInventory   Error: InventoryData AddItem : Could not find map in 'InstalledSoftware64' for 'DisplayName,DisplayVersion,Publisher'

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments


Community Chosen Answer

Please go to Asset Management › Asset Types › Asset Type Detail , go to Device and see if BIOS Serial Number is selected as Mapped Inventory Field.

If that is the case, for all your inventoried devices, the Database is using that value as PRIMARY KEY, that means that value has to be unique for each machine... normally it is for 99% devices, but cloned VMs may duplicate that value.

Open CMD in those two devices, and run WMIC BIOS GET SERIALNUMBER, they must no be blank nor have the same value.
Answered 12/03/2018 by: Channeler
Red Belt

All Answers


What version on K1 and Agent you have ?

Answered 11/30/2018 by: AbhayR
Red Belt

  • SMA is 9.0 and Agents are 9.0.167.
  • I also tried using amptools to clear ampcache and retrusted servers with SMA. The two servers that were missing showed up in KACE and the other two that were present are no longer in SMA. It's like they got replaced even though the hosts and KUIDs are different.

Seems like WMI DB is corrupted on the service is not running. Please check the service.

Answered 11/30/2018 by: AbhayR
Red Belt

  • I've confirmed the WMI DB is consistent and service is running.
    • 0x8004100e error code indicates that WMI DB is damaged. Refer http://windowsbulletin.com/how-to-fix-wmi-error-0x8004100e/
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ