Cannot deploy Adobe CC 2019 packages via Managed install
I've been having a very difficult time trying to deploy any Adobe software built via the Creative Cloud Packaging portal.
If KACE handles the extraction, the package will always fail with a return code of 6.
I can however take that exact same zip file on the workstation, delete the extracted files and then use either windows or 7-zip to extract and the adobe installer will run without issue.
I have tried deploying the original adobe package as well as repackaging the .zip using Windows, 7-Zip and even Winrar.
The only visible difference I can see when comparing the KACE extracted folder and that by another utility is that most of the files received the archive attribute if KACE extracted it.
I'm somewhat baffled at this point, Is the KACE extraction mechanism perhaps adding an attribute that's not visible to the Windows OS which the Adobe Setup application is rejecting?
The problem exists with both MI's and Scripted installs.. As a workaround I've been temporarily using the .7z format and leveraging 7Zip to extract as part of a script.
This may be down to the method that KACE uses to extract the files and also the tool used to create the zip file by Adobe. I am assuming that Adobe provides the zip file for download once you have created your package? We always taught, in Jumpstart training, that when setting up Managed Installations using a zip file, you should always create the zip file using a proprietary third party tool (never windows zip) so 7 zip for example, as KACE could not handle certain types of archives. Therefore logically if Adobe are providing the zip file it may not have been created using a method that is copatible with KACE. I would suggest the following as a test, download the zip file from Adobe, unpack and extract all the contents, then create a new zip file using winzip or 7 zip and try to distribute that on your SMA, see if that works.
This is the same issue I was having.
This is what is in my zip file:
Now we have updated and are pushing 126.96.36.1994 version.
I extracted the zip (from the packager download, we had to d/l it again. it might be a bad package.) and after a few tries it is working fine now. We had to generate 3 different ones. One time it went up by 200 megs. So I know that something changed.