Has anyone else received this error when trying to get a client to check in? I'm on a Dell XPS 15 running Win10 x64 ver. 1903. I'm on kbot version 9.0.167.
I have been manually running "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\KACE\runkbot.exe" 4 0 and piping output to a text file. Here is a piece of that text file:
[runkbot:KBotScriptLog::Upload ] KBotScriptLog::Upload - Uploading kbot log to http://kace.domain.com/service/kbot_upload.php?BAD_MAC_IP=##.##.##.##&filename=KBOT_LOG.txt&mac=fc4c0c44-360e-4fdf-b6cd-e2b01ab04ba4&kbotId=4
The agent is still not checking in. Any ideas on further trouble shooting?
Hereare the steps I took to resolve it:
- On the affected PC, make sure you have full access rights to C:\ProgramData\Quest\KACE\inventory.xml
- Open inventory.xml using Notepad (or whatever you prefer) Scroll down to the TRUSTED_PLATFORM_MODULE section.
- Note the MANUFACTURER_VERSION_INFO section.
- Example of malformed entries:
- [MANUFACTURER_VERSION_INFO] NPCT75x? 6rls [/ MANUFACTURER_VERSION_INFO]
- [MANUFACTURER_VERSION_INFO] 4e5043543735780002000036726c730000 [/MANUFACTURER_VERSION_INFO]
- Remove the information between the HTML tags and place any letter there ' A '
- [MANUFACTURER_VERSION_INFO] A [/ MANUFACTURER_VERSION_INFO]
- Save the file.
- Use the KAT tool to manually check in.
- To obtain the latest version of the KACE Agent Toolkit, go to Settings | Support | Troubleshooting Tools | KACE Agent Toolkit (KAT) | Download
see answers in this question