KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager
Here we are again, announcing our most recent update to KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager!
In our March 2020 release, we’re introducing two new features in KACE Cloud Mobile Device Manager:
- Option Management, which is a single management location for creating Option Sets for both Android and iOS/tvOS
- Apple TV Support, which brings the addition of tvOS Enrollment capabilities when setting up Apple TV for school or business
Our new Option Sets feature lets administrators manage both Android and iOS options in the same library space. Previously, options for Android were managed in an Android Options library, which has been replaced by Option Sets.
The following iOS commands can now be configured as part of an iOS option set:
- Enable Voice Roaming
- Enable Hotspot
- Enable Data Roaming
- Enable Activation Lock
- Set Wallpaper
Note that this only applies to supervised iOS devices.
Apple TV Support
Our new Apple TV capabilities can be configured and enrolled using one of three processes:
- Apple Configurator (AC2)
- Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- A combination of the two (AC2 + DEP)
Customers that use Apple TVs as data display devices in briefing centers, conference rooms, or meeting areas can now manage these devices directly using KACE Cloud MDM.
With new app library filters, an admin can select and apply multiple filter criteria to pare down a full app library list. Filtering capabilities include top-level categories as well as sub-type filters—including:
- Apps: Genre, OS, Publisher, and more
- Devices: Installs and Updates
- Policy: 'Any linked' or 'Specific-linked'
Read the full set of release notes.
Be sure to check out the KACE Cloud MDM Product Support page to find solution articles, tips and tricks, documentation, notifications, video tutorials, and a product user forum.