"The Elevated Privileges Application Launcher, EPAL, deals with the ability of letting an application launch under some other user privilege, so that it has access to certain components of the local registry or the file system. With EPAL the network administrator now has the ability of only giving the user local user privileges on their systems and have the application execute and some higher privilege level on the local system that they are currently logged on with."
- Links from Microsoft security session at FOSE 2006 Non-Admin Wiki
- Non-Admin blog
- Applying the Principle of Least Privilege to User Accounts on Windows XP
- "Running Windows with Least PrivilegeÂ” Technet Webcast
- Â“Browsing the Web and Reading E-mail Safely as an AdministratorÂ” Part 1 and Part 2.
- DesktopStandard PolicyMaker Application Security
- Winternals Protection Manager