I left KACE/Dell/Quest a few months ago and am no longer involved with ITNinja. However, I have recently created a new community at AppDetails.com
ITNinja is and will remain the place for discussing KACE products! This is a great community that I'm happy to have played a large part in. Long term plans I cannot speak for, but to my knowledge there is no plan to make any changes to the ITNinja community which has been operating pretty much on its own now thanks to its valuable moderators. I have addressed the "what does this mean for ITNinja" question here if you would like to read more on the topic: http://www.appdetails.com/2017/02/01/what-about-itninja/
So while the KACE conversation should remain right here, I wanted to share a little about what is going on over at AppDetails for your consideration...
- Software Tips - AppDetails is home to a software tip library, which has been established for the sharing of any related tips of interest to the IT community. A familiar concept to those that knew AppDeploy (and now ITNinja), but it is something that I originally conceived and wanted to bring with me to AppDetails.
- Articles - You can browse overviews of every management product on the market, keep up with the latest industry news, new product releases, and enjoy technical reviews. I've written over 50 such articles already and have published my current backlogs for additional products and companies to be covered in the forums.
- Message Boards - Naturally, a place to discuss related topics is provided. This time back in the AppDeploy style of a traditional message board (versus a Q&A system). Here you can make friends, join groups and send private messages.
- Events - AppDetails offers a crowd sourced event calendar for all in person and online events relevant to the topic of application and systems management.
- Software - The site also features a growing catalog of management solutions (including KACE) were you can register your interest for a free pre-sales discussion with yours truly.
- Services - Similar goes for anyone needing help creating packages, managing systems, responding to an audit, etc. I've established connections with some of the best providers in the industry and can make referrals based on your needs, locale and budget.
It has a point system for participation and those points can be earned to move up in rank and compete with your peers much as you can here at ITNinja. As an added value, the points at AppDetails can be used to purchase real rewards in the AppDetails shop (only a couple of items are in there now, but more are to come). This community just launched a week ago so now is the time to establish a relatively easy lead! Visit this page for more on the point system.
Please know that I'm not looking to steal you from ITNinja, it is hands down the best place to discuss KACE topics. It is a great community and I hope it remains so. That said, I am hoping that you will also come and take part in this new endeavor as a place to discuss broader systems and application management topics.