…is not what the company's user conference is called this year. This year it is known as "Dell World: Software User Forum". With the name change comes coverage beyond just KACE materials (though there is still a ton of that). This year you'll see a track from SonicWall and sessions covering products like Desktop Authority. If you went last year, you saw that the conference took place at the same time and right nearby the Dell World event. We walked over and saw a keynote*, were able to explore the expo hall, and I personally liked that we shared in the Dell World closing event (click here for a set list and my videos from last year's party). Camp Freddy is again performing at this year's event.
*The walk over to this year's Dell Keynote will be to see Elon Musk from Tesla
Beyond the name change, here are some other changes you can expect as compared to previous years:
- The event will run for four full days
- Unlike in years past, there are no 'Boot Kamp' days since Boot Kamp will now run each day; rather than doing such in 8 hour blocks, it will be delivered in 2 hour blocks over the course of the week.
- There will be both instructor led labs as well as self-paced labs
- Intel and Bomgar will also be presenting hands on labs
I'll be doing a session on Application Packaging/Deployment and there are naturally a very long list of other interesting sessions lined up. To name a few:
- Mobile Device Management Basics
- K2000 v3.6
- Windows 8 Migration
- Getting the Most out of the Software Catalog
- Software License Compliance and Governance
- Creating a productive user environment with Desktop Authority
To learn more and to register, visit the event website at www.software.dell.com/userforum
Dell World: Software User Forum (DWSUF) will open at 8:00am on Monday, Dec. 9 and close at 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12. DWSUF attendees are also welcome to attend the main Dell World program, taking place at the Austin Convention Center (directly across the street from the Hilton where DWSUF is being held). The main Dell World program will kick off with an evening opening event on Dec. 11 and then run all day Dec. 12th and until noon Dec. 13th. The main Dell World general program registration fee is INCLUDED in the DWSUF registration fees.