- In what is probably the most noticeable change, we’ve simplified the navigation menu to be more direct and one-click friendly for touch screens.
- You can now include or exclude specific tags from your search results. In addition to narrowing search results, this also gives you more control to tailor valuable RSS feeds catered to your specific needs for use on your website, product, mail client or news reader.
- Our daily/weekly digest emails were complaining you were not following enough tags to fill the digest even when you were. Now you will only be encouraged to follow more tags if you are not following enough to complete a digest of links relevant to you. Note that if you are not following enough tags to fill the feed, you are presented with one or more items that are globally popular on the site in order to fill the digest’s template of eight content links and three software listings. By following the tags interest you, this weekly (or daily if you wish) email becomes a valuable way to stay up to date with what it is you care most about.
- When looking at what it is you follow, we now offer counts for each category to support easier navigation and management.
- We’ve added a new community. This time we are providing a home for the now discontinued Admin Script Editor (ASE). This suite of scripting tools sold for $300 last week but is now available at ITNinja for free: http://www.itninja.com/ase
- If we try to send you an email and it fails, we will notify you of the problem next time you log in so that you may correct the problem (or dismiss it).
- The comment form is now hidden until requested in an effort to reduce the number of answers being provided as comments. With the comment field visible, many were compelled to just start typing in the next available space without taking notice if they were commenting on an answer or providing a new answer. We hope that by requiring a click to comment or a click to answer we can offer a better experience while allowing us to more accurately indicate when answers have been provided to a question.
- Several bugs we hope you didn’t notice have also been addressed with this release.
What’s on tap for next month? We are doubling down on our efforts to add more value to the ITNinja Software Library by handling software tags as distinct tags throughout the site. This will be a big and valuable change tied together with several other software-area improvements we hope you’ll appreciate.