Application Packaging: From Out of Control to Under Control
A Live Web Event
Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. PT, 1:00 p.m. ET
According to Forrester, 62% of firms take between 6 and 18 months to test and remediate apps for Windows 7. And, in our real world testing, Dell found that up to 2/3 of Windows XP applications require some form of remediation to work with Windows 7. This also means that you’re spending a lot of your time on application packaging, and you may not finish your Windows 7 migration before your service contract runs out.
Join Bob Kelly, founder of AppDeploy and ITNinja, for an hour long technical deep dive in application packaging. Walk away with real world knowledge to help you be successful, including:
- How to determine your options for any given application
- A live packaging demo using the free AppDeploy Repackager tool
- Available application packaging and virtualization tools
- New application deployment needs coming in Windows 8
- Among the most challenging aspects of repackaging is to develop an understanding of what files and registry entries should and should not be included. In Bob’s live demonstration he’ll show you how he makes these critical choices.
Application packaging isn’t just a small, one-time process, it’s the back bone of your Windows 7 migration. Make sure to get it right where it counts. This presentaiton was held on October 25th at 10 a.m. PT, 1 p.m. ET but you can obtain a recording as well as the PowerPoint presentation here.