OK This is a Installsheild exe driven msi. I have tried stripping the requirement for the exe from the msi but certain things get missed off the installation I have also tried repackaging the install but this got fairly ugly after abit.
The quickest and cleanest route that I have found is as follows
1 ) Copy the install folder off the CD to where ever you want.
2)Run the install.exe with a /r and run the installation as you wish it to be installed. Once the process has finished this will create c:\windows\setup.iss an answer file.
3) Copy the setup.iss into the same directory as install.exe
4) This will allow you to run the install.exe with a /s /sms. With these two switches the installation will be completly silent.
5) This provides you with an install but will require you to enter license on each machine.
6) Run the install on a machine that has Wise or another package builder
7) Record the initial process of entering the serial numbers.
8) Run this installer after your sage install.
There are other switches that can be used with installsheild exe's installs see below
The /f1filename switch allows you to specify a fully-qualified alternate name for the setup.iss file. Note that there must be no space between the /f1 switch and the file name. This switch works both with /r to create the file and with /s to read it.
The /f2filename switch specifies a log file. Once again, there must be no space between the switch and the file name.
WARNING: Be careful what characters you use in these file names, because InstallShield silently strips certain non-alphanumerics (like hyphens).
Questions & Answers related to Sage Accounts Line 50 2008
Blog posts related to Sage Accounts Line 50 2008
Links related to Sage Accounts Line 50 2008
Reviews related to Sage Accounts Line 50 2008
By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent
Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our
websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our
efforts, please visit