KACE Managed Installation
Office Professional Plus 2019 / 365
NOTE 1: I don't believe Office
2019 is within the Software Catalog yet (Our KACE rep could not find it either)
so we installed Office 2019 on 1 PC and deployed it via Software instead of
NOTE 2: I highly recommend
selecting the Local Source option in your Office Customization Tool in
Pre-Deployment Step 2 and running the following command to download the install
files to a shared software folder: "Setup.exe /download <name of .xml
file created in Pre-Deployment step 2>"
Office 2019 Deployment Guide can be
- Download and Extract the Microsoft ODT from HERE to a newly
created folder for ease of use later.
- Visit HERE to use the Office
Customization Tool and download the created .xml configuration file to the
same folder as you extracted the ODT to.
- Zip the contents (not the actual folder) of the
extracted ODT folder including the .xml created using the Office
Customization Tool to a compressed file (.zip)
- On the KACE 1000, navigate to Inventory > Software
and find "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019 - en-us" in
the software list
- Upload the .zip file you created in Pre-Deployment step
3 under the :Upload and Associate File" section and SAVE
- Navigate to Distribution > Managed Installers and
create a NEW Managed Installation
- Name your Installation
- Choose an Execution Type
- Choose Software under "Inventory"
- Select "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019 -
en-us" under "Software"
- Leave Associated File as default "Use associated
- Choose "Override default installation" under
Installation Options and enter the following in the "Full Command
Line" area: "Setup.exe /configure <name of .xml file
created in Pre-Deployment step 2>"
- Choose Systems or Labels to deploy to
- Choose notification options
- Choose a deployment window
Office 2019 / 365 should now deploy through your
Setup Type: Legacy Setup with command line support
Deployment Method Used: Vendor Provided Command Line (answer file driven)