The schedule information is stored in the Diskeep.ctl file.
Now this file is encrypted so you can not just edit it after the install.
1. So get a working copy going.
2. Set a schedule
3. Backup the Diskeep.ctl file.
4. Repeat 2 & 3 for how ever many schedules you want.
5. Create a .mst for your MSI
6. Add a new Feature for each schedule.
7. Create a Condition for each feature.
In My case I need a schedule for laptops and one for desktops. So I created two features and added there Diskeep.ctl file to each conditions File area. The Condition looks at a public property PLATFORM=(Desktop or Laptop) that I set on the command line. PLATFORM can not be blank so set it to "None" and the property name must be in captial letters.
8. Save your .mst file
So here are my two command lines:
\\%SERVER%\%SHARE%\Diskeeper Professional Edition.msi TRANSFORMS=Diskeeper 8.0.mst PLATFORM=Desktop /qb-
\\%SERVER%\%SHARE%\Diskeeper Professional Edition.msi TRANSFORMS=Diskeeper 8.0.mst PLATFORM=Laptop /qb-
1. Empty your %TEMP% directory (Optional).
2. Run the setup.exe (Mine was a single file distribution).
3. Do not start the install let it stop at the first dialog screen.
4. Search your %TEMP% directory for "Diskeeper Professional Edition.msi" and copy it to a different directory.
5. Cancel the setup you started.
6. Now you have a MSI you can deal with.
Blog posts related to Executive Software Professional Edition
Links related to Executive Software Professional Edition
Reviews related to Executive Software Professional Edition
By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent
Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our
websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our
efforts, please visit