Steps Using a File Generated by an Installation on Another Computer:
1. Use the installation wizard to install IBM Cognos 8 components on one computer.
Installation and Configuration Guide 401
2. Go to c8_location/instlog.
3. Locate the transfer specification file (.ats) that was generated.
The filename format is ts-product_code-version-yyyymmdd_hhmm.ats
4. Copy the transfer specification file to the computer where you plan to install IBM Cognos 8.
5. On the computer where you plan to install the software, insert the appropriate CD and copy
the contents of the CD to your computer.
6. Open the transfer specification file that you copied in a text editor.
7. In the section named License Agreement, change the ACCEPTED= property to y.
8. Save the transfer specification file in the directory where you copied the contents of the
9. Install IBM Cognos 8:
* On Windows, open a Command Prompt window, and change to the win32 directory where
you copied the contents of the CD, and then type the following command, where location
is the directory where you copied filename, the transfer specification file:
issetup -s location/response.ats