Upload Larger Files for File Sync
I am trying to upload a 6.24GB zip file for "File Sync". I have tried to just attach the large file through the web interface but it just sits there.
Is there anyway to use the ClientDrop to upload this file and then attach it to the Sync task?
as you already guessed:
Upload the file to the clientdrop\-Folder.
Go to Inventory| Software and attach it to the software item you want to sync (or create a new one) and then create the File Sync. As soon as it is bigger than the filter size you get the option to attach it.
So, when I try to import from the ClientDrop I get a notice stating that it is not a recognized format. But I now have a new dropdown to select it. I think that I might have the process down now.
1. Upload large file to Samba share
2. Open the software entry or create one for this sync task
3. Select file from "Upload and Associate Client Drop File" drop down
4. Click "Save"
Once the software entry has the attached file
5. Go to Distribution -> File Synchronizations
6. Click "Choose Actions" -> "New" or open the task for this file
7. Click the dropdown by "File" -> select the software entry you just attached the large file too