Hello all,

I am working on a brand new SCCM server and am trying to deploy a few pieces of software, but am running into an issue. Out of 170 PCs that have ran the package (they all ran the package with no issues) there are 10 systems that will not run the package due to the following error;

The program for advertisement "LSI20025 has failed because download of the content "LSI00012" - "Resize Cache" has failed. The download failed because the content downloaded to the client does not match the content specified in the content source. Possible causes: The content on the distribution point has been manually modified, or a local administrator on the computer has modified the content in the computer's hash. Solution: Refresh the content on the distribution point and retry the download.

This is happening on a mix or hardware, for 10 diffrent users, in diffrent departments. I have updated the dist point, created a new package (100% new package, new source files etc) and other general troubleshooting steps. We thought that this was related to a video card drive as we had 2 systems that lost video display after the SCCM client was installed, after updating the video driver they are now up and running. The first 2 systems we noticed this issue on had the exact same video cards as the two systems that lost video, but updating the video card drive did no good. Since then I have found that the video card is not the issue, out of over 15 PCs that have the same video card and driver (built from the same OS image) only 1 PC has the issue.

I am at a loss on this issue and am hoping that someone here has run into the same issue and has a solution :)

Thanks in advnace
0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity


Found the solution!!

It turns out that the new SCCM server could not upgrade the old SMS client on the 10 effected PCs, this caused the packages to not run (not sure why we recieved teh error we did though). So we have walked around and have manually updated the client using the correct command line switches and all is right in teh world again :)
Answered 11/10/2008 by: bilbo6209
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment