Systems Management Question

M300 discovery issues, agent problems

11/14/2011 5337 views
We recently implemented a M300 and I'm running into some issues getting the remote agents to work.

The first problem I have is getting the discovery functionality to work correctly. I have manually installed the agent on several of our servers and have attempted to use several different hosts as the deployment server with no avail. Each time I modify the deployment server configuration I make sure to specify the domain admin account credentials and to select the "Run Immediately" option. The servers I have attempted to use as a deployment server have the workstation service running. I've given the various attempts at running discover ample time to find new hosts in my small, one subnet network but it never returns the hosts I have not installed the remote agent on. Most of these outstanding hosts are desktops that use DHCP but that shouldn't be an issue as the DNS records for these machines are correct. Any idea what they key is to making the discovery features work?

The second issue I have is getting the remote agent to report back to the M300 on two servers I have manually installed the remote agent on. One of these servers is a primary domain controller and the other server was formerly a domain controller that has since been demoted, if that matters at all. I've ensured that both of these machines can reach the M300 by pinging it as well as through other means. I have ensured that TCP 52230 is open to the Kace device via telnet and have double-checked that the Kace service is running on these machines. My application event logs on these machines don't contain any records that appear to pertain to the Kace and I'm having trouble finding any documentation that explains the log files on the Kace (not sure that will even help me). What do I need to do to make the remote agent communicate to the M300? There seems to be a lack of troubleshooting advice in the documentation--is there a way I can test the remote agent locally to see if it's working?

Thanks in advance...
0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments


Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

All Answers

Hi Ryan,

I'll get in touch with you to discuss your issue.

Answered 11/15/2011 by: Sendhil_DellKACE
Yellow Belt

I'm having the exact same issues.
Answered 11/28/2011 by: scottgibson
Yellow Belt

No, really.
Answered 12/01/2011 by: scottgibson
Yellow Belt

Scott--I'll get in touch with you to make sure we have someone to help you with your issue.

Answered 12/02/2011 by: Sendhil_DellKACE
Yellow Belt

My problems have been resolved. I had several cloned computers that had the agent installed when an image was made. We found the following registry entry that needed to be deleted. Also, for PC's that were not on our domain we just added their IP to the host file.

Answered 03/07/2012 by: scottgibson
Yellow Belt

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ