Lotus Notes not installing to Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes

I am using the .msi that Lotus provides and am upgrading from a version 7.x client to version 8.x. With version 8.x the product should be installing into Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes but it is installign into the existing 7.x directory of Program Files\Lotus\Notes. I have went through the .msi file and can see that it should install into the IBM directory but it's not, any ideas on how to fix this?


0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (5)

Posted by: yshariff 13 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
This Should do the trick

setup.exe /s /V"SETMULTIUSER=1 SELECTINSTALLFEATURES=Editors PROGDIR=C:\IBM\Notes DATADIR=C:\Program files\IBM\Notes\Data /qb"

Else you can also edit the property for installdir as C:\Program Files\IBM
Posted by: dhuey 13 years ago
Yellow Belt
Thanks, when I look at the properties for the installdir it is already set to Program Files\IBM but for some reason it is ignoring that and upgrading the product in the existing directory.

Posted by: yshariff 13 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
There are two properties that need to be changed:
1. PROGDIR = C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes
2.DATADIR = C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\Data

Here in this case you need to re configure the lotus notes when you launch after install.

Else you can have the data folder as DATADIR = C:\Program\Lotus\Notes\Data
Posted by: anonymous_9363 13 years ago
Red Belt
It sounds to me like an AppSearch is picking up the existing folder and assigning it to INSTALLDIR (or a property which is subsequently assigned to INSTALLDIR).

BTW, this forum is meant to be used for posts about errors returned from the Windows Installer engine e.g. 1603. A moderator may well move the thread to the correct forum, 'Package Development'.
Posted by: b.kotagi 12 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
Hi All,
Is there any way to move the lotus notes.msi files D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Program Files\Lotus to C:\ Progam files and I tried all posibilities like changing a path in property table and changed registry setting also but
its not working.

Please clarify....

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ