Software Deployment Question
Deploy custom Teamviewer host 9 and launch it without admin rights
I try to deploy “TeamViewer Host Custom 9” on a park of about 150 computers. Users are in the Power Users group, so they do not have administrator rights.
Here are the steps I used:
1. I customized TeamViewer Host 9. So I had:
- TeamViewer_Host_Setup idc….exe file
- TeamViewer_Host.msi file I renamed TeamViewer_Host-idc.... msi using my code “idc”.
2. I installed on a computer with admin rights the msi file and I set the TeamViewer as desired. I exported the settings in a file named TeamViewer_settings.reg.
3. I placed the exe file, the msi and reg in a shared folder accessible from any computer.
4. I created a bat file:
Start / wait msiexec.exe / qn / i "C: \ Temp \ TeamViewer_Host-idc….msi " / norestart
REM Remove Desktop Shortcuts
del "% Public % \ Desktop \ TeamViewer 9 Host.lnk "
del "% ALLUSERSPROFILE % \ Desktop \ TeamViewer 9 Host.lnk "
5. I started the deployment from the K1000.
So far so good, the deployment works...
But when the software starts the first time, personalization does not apply. And this happens only on items that are not admins.
Does anyone have an idea?
The software must be executed at least once as admin. Otherwise customization does not apply...
I'm sorry for my broken English, but I'm French so please do not take this into account. ;)
Thank you in advance!