I have a bunch of machines that are fully connected and haven't had issues until recently.  The problem is, their software inventory is not updating.  I've tried forcing inventory from kace and from the client, both have been unsuccessful.  Scripts, MI's, and anything seem to work fine, the only problem I see is Kace is not running an inventory.  Any ideas or suggestions are welcome............

Answer Summary:
Command Line solution exists.
0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


Please log in to comment

Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity



try opening a command prompt on the machine that isn't updating and run the following.

C:\> cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE\>runkbot.exe 4 0

Make sure you're in the KACE directory it may be different if you're on an x86 machine. Using the runkbot.exe 4 0 command will force the agent to conduct an inventory and upload it into the KBOX. If you don't see your software update within a few minutes in the inventory I would open try reinstalling the agent manually. If things still aren't going right at this point contact KACE support.

Answered 05/08/2013 by: GeekSoldier
Red Belt

  • When we had this exact problem, it was because we had the server on the latest version but the agent versions were one version behind. Your server should be 5.4.76847 and your agents should be 5.4.10622. Even though I had 5.4.10622 uploaded to the server for automatic updating, I forgot to check the enabled box :) As soon as I updated those clients to 5.4.10622 (and yes, the automatic update still worked), inventory started working again.
  • We had the same issue, Clients were @ .10622 server was a version behind. Updated the server last night to .76847 and all appears to be working again this morning...
  • Glad to hear it's no longer a problem for you!
Please log in to comment