Adobe Flash Player Not Being Recognized

Anyone seeing Adobe Flash Player stop working in their environment?

We deployed Adobe Flash Player a few weeks ago and it worked great. Fast forward to last week, we start receiving reports that when a user logs in, they are prompted to install flash like they’ve never had it before, though it is installed. We contacted Adobe and they told us that upgrading to the next version would resolve this issue. We upgraded some sites over this past weekend to the next version ( and now we’re receiving reports that users are again reporting that sites with adobe flash content are not displaying correctly and being prompted to install flash.

The MSI was downloaded straight from the vendor and not modified. All we did was add the mms.cfg file to be laid down after the player is installed (to prevent auto-updates). Altiris was used to deploy the client. I have been been patching Adobe products at my current company for the last couple years and this is the first time I've experienced this issue.

We are running: Windows XP SP3 and Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 (both 32-bit)

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (2)

Posted by: aogilmor 12 years ago
9th Degree Black Belt
you're in luck! is now out. [:D]
Posted by: dpolishsensation 12 years ago
Blue Belt
Ugh, don't remind me! We're looking at that version as well but it's hard to feel confident about any adobe patch nowadays.
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ