Two articles on the PwnKit vulnerability followed by instructions on how to use KACE SMA Linux Security Package updates.
- A bug lurking for 12 years gives attackers root on every major Linux distro (ArsTechnica January 25, 2022)
- 12 Year Old Polkit Flaw Lets Unprivileged Linux Users Gain Root Access (The Hacker News January 25, 2022)
Note: The agents must be on version 11.1 for the Schedule to run on the devices.
To run Linux Package Upgrades, go to Security and look for the new section "Linux Package Upgrades".
- Go to Schedules > Choose Action > New
- Add a unique name to the Schedule
- For Action Select Either "Detect All" or "Detect and Upgrade All"
- Filter which devices will run on this schedule
- Select either "No Reboot" or "Force Reboot" option. In some cases, the selected devices are automatically rebooted after package upgrades are installed. This is outside the control of the agent, and the reboot is triggered by the Package itself.
- Select a time in which the Schedule will run
- Click Save
After the schedule is created, a preview will be seen of the devices that will run it when executed.