This may not be a one size fits all solution, but I had some machines that consistently failed Patch Detect and Patch Deployment since I upgraded my K1000 appliance to version 8.0.318. The Agents were initially at version 7.2.10, so I upgraded them to 8.0.152 but that didn't help. I spent a fair amount of time digging into this and even opened a ticket with Quest support. Their first thought was that our anti-virus was interfering, but that didn't pan out. I finally found a clue in the Kagent.log (hidden file) in the C:\ProgramData\Quest\Kace directory. There were entries stating that the UnziptoDir of the thirdpartypatchfiles zip file was failing. So, I looked on my replication server's K1000share\repl2\patches\windows\ directory and the file was there and it wasn't corrupted. A little testing further on one of the PC's and I found that the file association for .zip files had gotten messed up. I issued a "assoc .zip=CompressedFolder" from an elevated command prompt and then the PC could open zip files again. Since then the Detect or Deploy processes have been working.