The silent install capabilities have changed slightly from previous versions of pcANYWHERE32. We now use InstallShield instead of the Symantec Installer to install pcANYWHERE32. This results in the following changes:
* pcANYWHERE32 8.0 installs to the C:\PROGRAM FILES\pcANYWHERE folder. If you have the current release of pcANYWHERE32 (8.02), you can install to the folder of your choice. Refer to the command line parameter table at the end of this section. If you do not have the current release, you cannot change the installation folder.
* The silent install runs according to Microsoft's specifications. This means that no dialogs are displayed while pcANYWHERE32 8.0 is being silently installed.
* You have done an administrative install using Setup /A, and you would like to do a silent workstation install from the \pcANYWHERE\SETUP folder. The workstation silent install always installs the minimum files on the local hard drive. This means that it is not possible for a silently installed workstation to launch with Windows. If you require this capability, do a regular (non-silent) workstation installation.
* If you have a pcANYWHERE32 8.01 or 8.02 CD, you can have the installation install your specific connection items. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Install pcANYWHERE32 8.0.
2. Create the pcANYWHERE32 connection items.
3. Copy the /INSTALLS/PCA32 folder to your network or local
hard drive. If you will be installing from floppy disks, then copy each of the /INSTALLS/PCA32/DISK1-DISK7 folders to its own floppy.
4. Copy the connection items that you created in step 2 to the DISK7 folder or floppy disk.
5. Delete any connection items that you do not want installed from the DISK7 folder or floppy disk.
* If you are using Microsoft's System Management Server (SMS) network distribution software, you can use the Pcaw32.pdf file that is located on the CD in the folder \BKOFFICE. Import the Pcaw32.pdf file using the Import utility within the System Management Server Administrator when creating a new pcANYWHERE32 package. Copy the contents of all seven disks located in \installs\pca32 into ONE folder on the BackOffice server. For more information on how to set up and distribute applications from the BackOffice server, please refer to the SMS documentation.
* If you need to implement specific Registry settings, use network distribution software to distribute and run a Registry file that will set the settings the way you need them.
* The following options are available for silent installs. Please note that they must be run from the command line with the executable IS3Setup.exe and not Setup.exe.