The vendors Install trys to handle a pre install of dotnetfx45_full_x86_x64.exe, but if you get it on pc before hand, it will skip it.
The Install can be automated with switches just keep vendors install folder structure in place so that setup.exe can reach ".\Extra" folder where other prereqs are held.
- run on clean pc after prereq above is installed, then run setup.exe /r /f1"%TEMP%\setup.iss"
- copy setup.iss file to same directory as setup.exe so it will use this for your deployment
- run desktop shortcut and go thru prompts to get your license info entered, this will create a jmp.per file in the same directory as jmp.exe
- copy jmp.per file to your deployment directory so you can use it later when you deploy
- run setup.exe /s /v"qb" (/s for silent, /v"qb" to make sure embedded MSI's dont dialog)
- if you want to log install then add /f2"%TEMP%\JMP_Install.log"
- after installs is complete then copy jmp.per file to INSTALLDIR on pc
This is where it got really tricky for me, I found no info online for silent uninstall. Everything failed until I went thru all Installshield options found here... http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q105473
The issue was if you run setup.exe silently on a pc where JMP is already installed; it wants to run Reinstall / Repair / Uninstall message before it continues.
- when you first run uninstall command you will need to again create a responce file to use for your deployment..
- for Reponse / Record file run setup.exe /hide_splash /uninst /r /f1"%TEMP%\uninstall.iss"
- copy this file to the same directory as you setup.exe deployment directory
- for deployable uninstall run setup.exe /hide_splash /uninst /s /f1"%~dp0\uninstall.iss"
- This uninstall process will not automatically uninstall the other 2 included MSI like it will if you simply uninstall from Run Advertise, so the last step was to simply run each of the msi /x uninstalls (JMP Profiler GUI, and JMP Profiler Core)
Setup Type: Windows Installer (Delivered as an EXE)
Deployment Method Used: Repackaged (to a legacy setup.exe)