Tested with Crystal Reports 2008 SP5, should work for previous versions as well.
- Run setup.exe with -w switch to create configuration file; IE: setup.exe -w C:\cr2008\cr2008inst.ini
- Walk through the wizard, entering license information and making desired selections.
- When installation is complete:
- Create a ZIP of the installation media.
- Add your custom .ini to the zip file - it should reside in the same folder as setup.exe
- Perform system inventory & associate this zip with the software detail.
K1000 Managed Installation:
- Name = Crystal Reports 2008
- Execution = Anytime
- Software = Select record from inventory
- Override Default Installation is selected
- Full command line: setup.exe -r cr2008inst.ini
- Don't Prepend msiexec.exe is checked.
- Delete Downloaded Files is set to your preference.
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 Installation Guide for Windows
Setup Type: Legacy Setup with command line support
Deployment Method Used: Vendor Provided Command Line (answer file driven)