1. Downloaded and ran Setup-ACM-7.1.030.exe
2. Hit setup button the the winzip self extractor dialogue box.
3. Wait for AT&T Communication manager installshield Wizard.
4. Browsed to %temp%
5. Found the temp folder it created by date and time. In my case the folder was WXSE0.TMP. Copied the folder to another location and then canceled the setup wizard. The folder goes away as soon as installshield is canceled.
6. Using the folder I copied to the network, I was able to install the program with msiexec /i setup.msi /qb
After extracting the installer from ATT using Winrar or Winzip. You'll have to rename *.*.ale extensions. Once you extract the files to a folder. Use the following does command to rename the file extensions to original.
for /r %i in (*.*.ale) do echo "%i" "*.*"
for /r %i in (*.*.ale) do ren "%i" "*.*"
Once you have rename the files. You'll need to install the application using the setup.msi. Once the application is installed. You'll need to configure the settings that you want for the application. Most place on the web asks you to modify FeatureManagerSettings.xml.RC4 located %userprofile%\application data\AT&T\Communicator. This does not work consistently.
To disable the WIFI Feature:
It's better to create mst file that changes WIFIENABLED property in the property table, Checkbox few others.