SDA Drivers folder has 17 copies of the same drivers in subfolder after subfolder
I was imaging a Dell 3420 and I noticed the DSIM driver injection was showing over 4000+ drivers to install which I found a little odd. I did some digging, and it appears my SDA is extracting each driver folder at least 17 times. If I go to:
\\myk2000appliance\drivers_postinstall\windows\10\x64\any\dell\0a7b the directory structure is the typical audio, chipset, communication, input, etc, but I also see another 0a7b folder. In that folder is all the drivers again, with another 0a7b subfolder and so on. This model and every other model I spot checked does this 17 times.
This looks like it started happening with every set of drivers that were downloaded after August 10th, 2022. I am on version 9.0.144
What is the best was to fix this?
I had exactly the same issues a few months ago and didn't get much help from Kace on this. It happened to me after a Kace SDA patch was installed and it took me a while to work out what was happening. It seems that the rights to the folders structure had somehow lost it's full shared rights. By entering the password again into the 'SDA Samba Share Password' it fixed my issue.
- SDA>Settings>Control Panel>General Settings> Enter the current password again into the SDA Samba Share Password field
- Library>Driver Feed> Uninstall the affected driver package.
- Browse to the driver folder \\myk2000appliance\drivers_postinstall\windows\10\x64\any\dell\ and ensure that the sub folders of 0a7b have been deleted. Plus any others that are affected.
- Library>Driver Feed> Reinstall the driver package.
Hope this helps.
Update to the Current Version: 9.0.146
Then what I did was download this DriverPackCatalog.xml from the Dell CAB area.
That sheet shows the new 0a7b directory structure and the Correct model of the Dell. I think there was a CAB for HP and others also.
Then I went through all my drivers one at a time and if the package had the 0a7b over and over I would uninstall from the K200 (SDA) then re-install in the SDA. So, after checking @200+ driver folders mine are all correct again.
The new 0a7b directory structure is what it is.
I spoke with Support and they also recommended updating to 9.0.146. I performed the update on the SDA and my RSAs and tested removing and redownloading with the Latitude 3420 and the directory structure appears to be correct.
Now I just have to remove and redownload my other 20 models ;-). I'll do it this weekend and update the thread on whether or not it worked for all units.
I had similar issues, it has been happening for a few months with the same models every-time there was a driver pack update.
What I would have to do every-time was uninstall and re-install the pack.
The last time it happened I dug into it a little bit more and think I may have found the root cause. We had a few model laptops that had issues prior to one of the more recent updates (such as the Latitude 5430) and I had manually created a folder so they would image correctly. Those folders still existed so I suspect that is what is causing the issue. I ended up deleting the old folder in the old location (peinst/drivers_postinstall/dell) and I haven't had issues since (admittedly, this may just be because it hasn't been long enough for the issue to occur again).