/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Problem with deploying MSI Package.

Hi ,

I have deployed Acrobat reader version 8 through SCCM and it deployed successfully in all clients. Since the users required to disable the automatic update of acrobat reader we modified the package by writing a custom action to delete a file named Updater.API after acrobat reader is installed and the same was working fine in virtual machines. But when i redeployed the same to clients through sccm. It shows that the package has been installed successfully in client in sccm. But when i check in client machine the application folder shows the dtae when i deployed the package without any modification. Kindly advice how to overcome this problem.

Thanks & regards,
S.Yuvaraj.

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (9)

Posted by: dvdzonenz 15 years ago
Purple Belt
0
Have you actually deployed the final installation to clients or are they using the package you had before you come up with the modification?
Posted by: Yuvaraj_Subramanian 15 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
0
Yes I deployed the final installation to client
Posted by: DeployTech 15 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
0
Was it a transform for the native MSI, or did you actually repackage it?
Posted by: Yuvaraj_Subramanian 15 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
0
It is a transform for native MSI. Also when i check the log file in client it shows that Skipping action: DisableAutomaticUpdate (condition is false). Please Note that I have written a script for deleting a file which has a condition as NOT INSTALLED.
Posted by: DeployTech 15 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
0
Did you use the Adobe Customisation tool? I have found that the tool is more effective for turning off the updates that Adminstudio or Wise (and it's just a checkbox).
Posted by: Yuvaraj_Subramanian 15 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
0
No I did not use the adobe customization tool.Instead i used the script to delete an file named as "Updater.api".
Posted by: DeployTech 14 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
0
Try the tool, it works well.
Posted by: Yuvaraj_Subramanian 14 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
0
Hi I finally found the solution for this problem. We have written a custom action with conditionas NOT Installed using wise package studio. Since the package has been already installed this conditon fails and the script is not working. Finally we first run the uninstallation advertisement and again the run the new advertisement for new package installation. It worked. Thanks for all your help to solve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
S.Yuvaraj.
Posted by: AngelD 14 years ago
Red Belt
0
Why not support the custom action during install and repair?
Condition: NOT Installed or (REINSTALL and NOT PATCH)
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

Share

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ