Is there a way to speed up the process to have an Approved Quarantine Device assigned to its dedicated Organization to show under Inventory > Devices?
I am just wondering for any tips and tricks to help progress a quarantined and approved Device that appears in the KACE SMA System UI to its assigned to an organization to then show up under Inventory > Devices?
1. A new Device appears in System UI under 'Quarantine'.
2. The Device record appears in 'Awaiting Action'.
3. I click the checkbox of the Device record then click 'Assign to Organization' and select the proper organization it is supposed to sync over to.
4. Next, I approve the Device record and it appears under Quarantine > 'View By: Approved'.
5. From View By: Approved, there I can click on the Device to see the Device Quarantine Details - for example:Name: WINDOWS-GV28IFG
IP Address: xxx.xx.xx.xxx
MAC Address: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Approval Status: Approved
Organization: CORRECT ORG NAME HERE
Agent Version: 11.1.103
Logged User: WINDOWS-GV28IFG\Administrator
BIOS Serial Number: B292043
Agent Connection: 2022-06-22 15:58:19 (Online Agent Icon)
Record Created: 2022-06-22 15:07:20
Age: 0 Days
Approved By: example-test-administrator
Approved Time: 2022-06-22 15:36:04
And I keep monitoring this Device record in the System UI for hours... and nothing changes. Not the Device name (when it's been changed and joined to our domain). Doesn't provide changed 'Logged User' details of who is logged in, etc etc.
- Are the steps that I've executed in the wrong order?
- Should I approved a quarantine device first THEN assign to an organization?
- Or is the method that I mentioned above the correct process?- How long must one wait till it appears in the correct Organization's Inventory > Devices list?
Looking for any commands, methods, tips, or tricks! I greatly appreciate any feedback that is provided!
First things first:
You are using 11.1 agents which should only used with 11.1 SMA (the only fully supported version)
Since SMA 11.1 is EOL (out of any support) you should update SMA and agents to the latest version (12.1 as of today)
If you don't want devices to show up in quarantine install them with the correct token so it is directly transferred to the correct org and auto approved.
See here https://support.quest.com/kb/328406 and https://support.quest.com/kb/328407
I up-voted Nico already but I can second that the token install is the way to go. Whenever anyone does an install without an agent, something I have done myself by accident on more than one occasion in the beginning when I was getting used to using them, I basically say to leave it a day. However, with the token install, of which I have set up a couple different tokens for different installations (SMA installed, Manually installed by support, ect.), they show up in inventory always within a half hour.