/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Systems Management Question


Agentless Devices Not Checking-In (Good Heartbeat)

01/24/2018 1185 views
My agentless devices (vmware and chromeboxes) have stopped doing inventory. Heartbeat is good. Neither the daily or force inventory is working. This happened one time before on the vmware stuff and in the logs I saw it was a credential issue. This time the logs haven't updated since the last reboot of the kace server. It's like it's not even trying. The status messages are the same on both vmware and chromeboxes.

Agentless Inventory Status Messages (6)
[01/08/2018 09:51:43] Agentless inventory started.
[01/08/2018 09:51:43] Connecting to system.
[01/08/2018 09:51:44] Collecting inventory data.
[01/08/2018 09:51:44] Closing connection to system.
[01/08/2018 09:51:44] Submitting inventory to K1000.
[01/08/2018 09:51:47] Agentless inventory completed with success.

This all started after I updated the bios on the appliance to 2.7.0, which now seems to have been pulled from dell's website. This was done because of the spectre/meltdown vulnerability. I had not been updating the kace appliances when I did the rest of them, but this time went ahead and did them as well.

EDIT: Resolution 2/23/2018 (adding comments below is not working)

After I posted this update, things reversed and agentless devices started checking in, but agent items stopped checking in. Worked with support and they eventually made a patch (k1_patch_8_0_20180205.bin) that fixed things. It took 4 weeks, with spotty communication, but they eventually fixed it. It's not the time so much, but the lack of communication. I had to stay on them for updates and made to feel like I was being a nuisance. In the past I've had good experiences with Quest support. This time not so much. And I see the date on the patch, which is even crazier. They had the fix for over two weeks and took them that long to get back to me.


0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Comments


All Answers

1
Don't update the KBOX BIOS unless quests says so... and if you do it, make sure to download backups first.

Anyway from the looks of that log... it seems the agents are inventorying fine... maybe they already delivered the new info. to the Kbox, but the KBOX is not processing the new info for some reason... (Performance issues or busy with another task?)
Answered 01/24/2018 by: Channeler
Red Belt

1
As an update to this ticket. I contacted quest support and they had me do a reboot with database check. After it rebooted, forcing inventory is working correctly. I guess time will tell, but for now that appears to fix it. Any updates in the future on this and I'll try to remember to update this thread.
Answered 01/25/2018 by: five.
Second Degree Green Belt

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

Sign up! or login

Share

 
This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ