If you, just like me, started out with KACE and the build-in UltraVNC wizard, you might want to add extra settings to the ini-file.
In my case, we needed to set an acceptance-option on the clients for privacy reasons.
However, the INI-file is held captive by the WinVNC.exe-process. This is what I did....
1. Add the new ultravnc.ini to the Dependencies.
2. Verify - Verify the process “winvnc.exe” is running
3. On Success
- Stop service “uvnc_service”.
- Launch “SYS\cmd.exe” with params “/C copy /Y ”$(KACE_DEPENDENCY_DIR)\ultravnc.ini“ ”C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\ultravnc.ini“”.
- Start service “uvnc_service”.
That basically it. I tried to kill the WinVNC.exe process at first, but although that succeeded, the job failed and nothing was copied. This is a lot cleaner.
Oh, all the steps have "WAIT FOR COMPLETION" turned on.
I hope this helps some of you....