Let me start out by saying that I have upgraded my K2000 to the newest version.  I was maybe 6 - 8  months behind.  Post installation before the upgrade worked great.  No problems what so ever.  I happen to have a scripted install I did right before the upgrade and it worked fine.  I am trying today for the first time to do a scripted install and I am getting failed task when trying to join the domain during the post installation task after this upgrade.  When a task fails you know how if you do an ALT + TAB you can see the start menu?  Well I did that and I can see in the task bar that my network connection has disappeared.  I navigate to device manager and the network drivers are not loaded anymore.  No drives are loaded it seems, video is Generic PNP monitor which is not right and so on.  I have re-cached drivers and rebuilt the KBE but it makes no difference.  It has to be directly related to me upgrading the appliance because nothing has been changed....except for the upgrade.  Drives are still located in \\k2000\drivers_postinstall\dell\windows_7_x64\9020-aio.

Win7 (x64) SP1
Dell 9020-AIO
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Answers

0
Once the machine reboots after the mid level tasks it is no longer using the winpe environment it is using the machine OS.  Rebuilding the KBE will be of no help at that point.  It comes down to the drivers being pushed from the driver feed to the box.  I just added the 9020 to my driver feed it looks like your directory is named wrong so the files will never get copied to the image

mine is named \\ikbox\drivers_postinstall\dell\windows_7_x64\9020 aio  (no -)


Answered 01/16/2015 by: SMal.tmcc
Red Belt

  • how did you add the drivers??
    • I thought I finally had this figured out but I was wrong. I went to Library >> Driver Feed searched for 9020 and deleted the drivers for the Optiplex 9020 AIO which is what was currently installed. I then went ahead and then reinstalled the same drivers again from the feed. This took a few minutes because the download size is 750 MB. After this driver feed was installed I opened the K2000 Media Manager, and uploaded a new x64 kbe to the k2000. Restarted the client and PXE booted into the menu where you select the scripted install...did that and now the client gets to the "Copy Drivers" portion of the install, does a system halt with a blue screen. The Technical Information section of the blue screen does not list any information about the stop just shows STOP: 0x0000001E and a bunch of other crap after it....nothing descriptive that is in actual words. So I hold he power button to turn off, then turn it back on, and this time I let it boot to the HDD, (keep in mind the install never finished it got to the "Copy Drivers" part then I was presented with the blue screen), then the install picks up where it left off at the "Copy Drivers" screen and errros out with the error: Windows cannot find 'updateconfig.vbs'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". Retrying the task produces the same error over and over again. Why oh why did I do this damn update I don't know...but it has broken my shit really good :/ Worked perfect with ZERO failed tasks...now I have to go through all this to figure out why the update has broken scripted install from error free completion.
      • I forgot to mention that right after the driver feed was reinstalled I did an update on the driver cache.
Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Share