As far as setup capture is concerned, which of the two would you consider superior?

Try to keep in mind ease of use, complexity, efficiency, speed e.t.c.
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
Rather than repeat myself (and others), see here.
Answered 03/22/2010 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Thanks VBScab for the link...

erikw's response is very informative and more than answers my question...

Regards...

If you do a comparison between hinapp and Wise packaging studio you should compare the functionality.
Thinapp is purely developed for Virtualising apps and you will have a succesratio of between 60 and 75% of virtualising applications. For the other applicatios you need a MSI packaging tool like?? Hmm yes Wise packaging studio.
Wise packaging studio gives you two way's of packaging applications. First it enables you to build SWV layers with a succesratio of up to 95% and then it enables you to build MSI's of the other 5 %. And all with Wise packaging studio.
I agree that most apps can be build with SVS admin and does not need the Wise packaging studio, but I use the Wise studio for packagign the hard stuff like drivers that can not be virtualised.
So in my opinion:
Spend a lot of money on Thinapp and still need Wise packaging studio or spent the same amount on Wise packaging studio and no need for more software.
Answered 03/24/2010 by: Repackman
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
1
The best virtualization tool ever is BoxedApp Packer ( http://boxedapp.com/ ) Works perfectly, costs cheaper of all.
Answered 03/30/2010 by: Jija
Yellow Belt

  • Hi, Jija!
    I use it too. It is greate alternative for microsoft detours, vmware and other similar tools!
Please log in to comment
1
The best virtualization tool ever

Bit of a bold claim!!

What do Gartner say
Answered 03/30/2010 by: timmsie
Fourth Degree Brown Belt

Please log in to comment
1
Does Boxedapp have setup capture? Seems to me like a sort of realtime virtualization tool...

Please explain a little about this product Jija...
Answered 04/01/2010 by: Repackman
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity