Hi Friends,

I have a question for all Wise Package Studio users, pardon me if it sounds silly [:(].
In WPS, while working on Upgrades we have to move the action RemoveExisiting Products before InstallValidate. By default this CA is placed after InstallFinalize.
Do you think Wise should actually place this action before InstallValidate (by default)?
If not, then why do you think they have placed it over there and any specific reason for it?

Cheers [:)]
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments


Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.


WPS puts LaunchConditions before AppSearch, too. Go figure. Either alter your 'Windows Applications' template to suit your requirements (backing it up first and appreciating that a future upgrade will probably walk over it) or use it as a template for your *own* template, alter THAT template and use it for future projects.

*My understanding* is that it's like this because WI is designed to remove only what's absolutely necessary. If, during an upgrade 99% of files are upgrades, why add the overhead of removing them and then replacing them? The remaining 1% can be removed at the end of the installation.
Answered 02/01/2008 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity