What does a good KACE Systems Engineer Job Description look like?
I am currently in QA and I also am our KACE systems manager. We have >4000 endpoints all over the east coast and central US. I'd like to move into a more strictly QA role but to do that we would need to hire someone to manage our KACE appliance and all the endpoints that are connecting to it.
So I've written a sample job description and I was hoping someone here could give me some pointers to make it better (I have never written a job description before):
Sample Job Description for KACE
A prospective Systems Engineer/Analyst for KACE/Our Customer should be very motivated and curious and willing/able to quickly find solutions to complex problems while under pressure. There are some hard and soft skills that I listed below to look for in this person. This person should be detail and process oriented, work well under pressure and be able to respond immediately to high severity / high priority problems.
- Systems Management
- Ability to ensure compliance with security, quality and organizational standards within Dunkin’s organization
- Incident/Problem management experience
- Experience managing windows updates for 1000+ systems
- Experience with embedded OS’s
- Experience with KACE or other systems management tools/appliances (ie: system center, LANDesk, Altiris)
- Software Distribution and Provisioning
- Inventory management
- Process Automation
- Curiosity for understanding MySQL and KACE
- Ability to communicate
- Works well under pressure
- Organized – this is big, the person needs to be organized.
- Process Oriented
- Degree in systems engineering or related discipline preferred
- A+ Certification is a plus
There are no answers at this time