Very odd SCCM and java event - Registry populates with referances to prior versions
· I deploy java with SCCM 2007 I use a TS and have a simple package created and use an .mst file created with Orca. Above that nothing fancy. I use oracles/Java's patch in place method. I recently level set all users to the same version and we are clean in that respect since 7u51.
· When I use SCCM to deploy any version the registry populates with a list of version for 7u51, 7u55, and the current 7u65. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment]
· If I install it manually using just the msi I do not get these errant entries. I removed the .mst file from the sccm package and it still adds the errant entries.
· I can GPO the removal of the reg entries but would rather get to the root cause. The only issue they really cause is that should you check the java version it reports the correct and latest one, but also indicates the presence of these older version which are actually not installed.
· If I use a newly imaged machine that has not even seen a prior version it still populates the "flag" for 7u51 and 7u55....
Any ideas how/where these reg entries are coming from?