I need to upgrade Adobe Reader from 7.0.9 to 7.1.0 version.
I had tried to run/install version 7.1.0 on a server running Window 2003 Server R2 Standard Edition SP2 and Adobe Reader from 7.0.9, although after running the exe of the release (AdbeRdr710_en_US.exe) nothing happened ?!
I tried too installing 7.1.0 version running on a server running Window 2003 Server Standard Edition SP2 and Adobe Reader from 7.0.9 but i got the same problem.

On the both system there isn't anything (Antivirus, Prevention/limitation of .exe execution files) blocking the file execution.
Even uninstalling version 7.09 and run the version 7.1.0 i got the same problem .

I seems to be a little strange because i try to run the same file on my machine running Windows 2003 Server SP1 and didn't got any kind of problem. The file run perfectly.

I was wondering if any of you had experiencied with this kind of problem and how you had deal with this ?
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments


Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.



I've had my share of issue's with the Reader7 setup but that was a really long time ago.
The difference here is probably in the Servicepack level, it somehow obstructs your setup of completing.

What i can recommend is perhaps extracting the MSI file that's being unpacked ( if any ) on the background, usually found in the %temp% of in the userprofile Temp.
If you have 7.09 installed and then run the MSI of 7.10 with verbose logging, you should be able to get on your way of finding out why it's not running.

Running the MSI instead of the EXE can perhaps solve your problem all by itself.

Although im a person who thinks reader 7 is pre-historic and doens't belong on a Windows2k3SP2 server i wish you good luck on your Voyage. [;)]


Answered 08/06/2008 by: NOxxie
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity