I am attempting to deploy some applications using MS SoftGrid 4.2. On most of my clients, the applications that I have packaged load and run correctly.

On one of the clients, the load stalls for about a minute at a ramdom percentage (I have seen 26%, 54%, and 98%). The application then launches and errors out (severity of error seems to depend on how much was loaded). On subsquent launch attempts, the load or launch stalls at the same percentage, then launches and errors the same way.

Has anyone else seen / solved this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am currently in the proof-of-concept phase on using SoftGrid, and this isn't inspiring confidence in my superiors.
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
If a SoftGrid package works once, it 'should' work the same all the time on any system. If you have it working on one (or more) system(s), but are only having problems on one system - I would tip that it's a problem with that client. I would uninstall the client software, reboot, & reinstall (with reboot).

I've run into this scenario & after uninstalling / reinstalling the client software, it was resolved.
Answered 06/10/2008 by: BadShadd
Orange Senior Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Thanks for the response. Unfortunatly, I have already tried this multiple times.

I have also tried a clean startup (disabling all startup items), clearing the cache and reloading the app, copying client reg settings from a working maching, and a maintenance script that I wrote (clears temp files, deletes old accounts, runs chkdsk /r and defrag).
Answered 06/10/2008 by: DWU_Sysadmin
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
If you are using feature block 1 then configure the sequence not to have one. I've seen the rare instance where feature block one causes issues with an application.
Answered 06/10/2008 by: kkaminsk
Ninth Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
0
There is no Feature Block 2, the entire package is delivered in Feature Block 1 (i.e. no packages started during that phase of installation). I have also looked at the log on the client side and do not see anything unusual.

I am pretty sure that it is a client-side problem of some kind since the app runs fine on other clients with the same client version and OS version and updates, just not sure how to troubleshoot/solve it.
Answered 06/10/2008 by: DWU_Sysadmin
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I ended up reload the machine as it was generally acting nuttier than squirrel poo. This resolved the issue.
Answered 10/01/2008 by: DWU_Sysadmin
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity